How do I raise a dispute for a purchase on PayPal?
At times, a PayPal buyer may not be satisfied with the thing he has purchased from an online seller or the item that he has purchased did not turn up but the item shows to be delivered. So, in that case, he has been given the opportunity to raise the dispute for the made purchase. To raise a dispute on the PayPal platform, a buyer simply needs to log in to his account using the PayPal login credentials and follow the steps that are mentioned in this post.
A buyer may also raise a dispute to get the refund if the product he has received is different from the thing which he actually purchased or it is damaged. Apart from that, the seller is also eligible to raise a dispute in case he has been falsely claimed for the refund. However, to raise a dispute, there is a criterion that you need to fulfill.
To know more about the same, you may simply navigate to the official website. If you think you fulfill the criteria, you may continue with the steps below.
Steps to raise a dispute
Those users who are raising a dispute on PayPal may need to provide proof supporting their claim. In case you have the necessary documents with you, then only you should proceed with these steps:
- At first, log in to your account by providing PayPal login details
- On the home page, locate the “Resolution Center” and click on it
- Now, figure out the purchase for which you need to raise the dispute
- Click on the “View” button next to it
- Further, choose the option saying “Escalate this dispute to a PayPal claim”
- This option can be found at the bottom of the page
- Now, follow the prompts that appear on your screen
- Finally, tap on “Escalate to a claim” to complete the process
Raising a dispute and claiming a refund on PayPal is quite an easy process. However, your claim needs to be accepted by PayPal as well as the seller. After completing the above procedure, you will receive emails about the status of your claim. Or, you can also check the same by logging in to your account using the PayPal login details.